Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:17:58 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 13, 9:59 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:

snip

> Update.  My access has been fixed.  From the phone conversation with
> the analyst she has a lot of similar SR's already on her list and it
> is going to take a while to work through them.  That is my opinion and
> not anything she said.
>
> As my issue was tied to my CSI having an obsolete email address rather
> than my current one I think in my case the real problem was that the
> old system did not properly propogate email address changes and with
> the upgrade this issue (along with some others) bit Oracle in the
> butt.  I would hope
>
> If you cannot access the new system and you have not entered an SR via
> the phone I suggest you do so rather than wait for Oracle to just fix
> whatever issue is blocking your access.  Again it is just my opinion
> based on my initial SR entry and folllow=up that the majority of fixes
> are manual, at least at this point.

I was also able to login this morning.

A couple of times this week I was able to get in "briefly" but not consistently or even very often. My guess would be that it is a convenient explanation for oracle to say that they are "fixing things" on an account by account basis.

I think it is very charitable to believe that the underlying problems are actually really fixed now.

A shot in the dark guess is that stability problems will remain for some period of time. Received on Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:17:58 CST

Original text of this message