Re: Oracle password problem

From: Fabrice <test_at_test.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:04:15 +0100

neilsolent wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 - and the admin user account
> passwords have been lost (sys, system etc). I urgently need to login
> to increase tablespaces!
>
> I have tried this procedure to recover:
>
> 1. Stop the Oracle service of the instance you want to change the
> passwords of.
> 2. Find the PWD###.ora file for this instance, this is usuallly
> located atC:\oracle\ora81\database\, where ### is the SID of your
> database.
> 3. rename the PWD###.ora file to PWD###.ora.bak for obvious safety
> reasons.
> 4. Create a new pwd file by issuing the command:
> orapwd file=C:\oracle\ora81\database\PWD###.ora password=XXXXX
> where ### is the SID and XXXXX is the password you would like to use
> for the SYS and INTERNAL accounts.
> 5. Start the Oracle service for the instance you just fixed. You
> should be able to get in with the SYS user and change other passwords
> from there.
>

> But it still says username/password wrong afterwards...
>
> What could I be missing? Could something be corrupted somewhere else?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Neil

Hello

You need to update the nt service with ORADIM. or
Just insert the administrator account in the local "ORACLE groupe" and fix the SQLNET.ORA file like this :

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) The connection
conn /_at_YourSID as sysdba

fabrice Received on Thu Oct 29 2009 - 14:04:15 CDT

Original text of this message