Re: Joys of Linux

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:22:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:16:47 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> Or maybe that interface is just too infrequently used. I guess many
> applications that need to run on Linux will either use JDBC or OCI. Do
> you think this is a wrong assumption?

I use ODBC on Windows to access the database from MS-Office and OpenOffice. I was using ODBC on Linux to access the database from the OpenOffice suite. There are applications on Linux which use ODBC interface. Being just a DBA, I have no clue how frequently are they used.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com