Oracle10g, Catalog and control file

From: Fabrice <test_at_test.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:16:22 +0200

Hello,

I have just configured a catalog for RMAN in another instance. I realized some backups before creating the catalog. The synchronization has been realized after the creation.

Now, I use the catalog. But I'm suprise by the fact :

  1. that the Controlfile is following to grow.
  2. either i'm connect to the "control file" or the catalog, the command "list backup summary" shows the same result.

Example :
rman> connect target /
rman> list backup summary --> Tell me that I'm using the control file. And the new backups are displayed.

rman> connect target / catalog rman/rman_at_mycatalog rman> list backup summary --> display all the new backups.

I don't understand why I can see the list of all the backups when I'm not connect to the catalog.

Thanks for your help.
fabrice Received on Sat Oct 24 2009 - 08:16:22 CDT

Original text of this message