Re: Temporary table use and the redo log

From: <codefragment_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 05:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

> - This also means that you can't access an object modified by direct-
> path inserts within the same transaction which needs to be considered
> for your process logic. You need to commit to access the inserted the
> rows which means a "on commit delete rows" temporary table doesn't
> make sense with a direct-path insert operation, since after the commit
> the data will be gone.

Thanks for the reply.
I gather you can have Autonomous Transactions within a procedure, so I could:

- start a transaction,
- load the temporary table up,
- do my selects
- commit the transaction,

then carry on with the rest of the procedure?

Any views on that? Received on Wed Sep 09 2009 - 07:28:49 CDT

Original text of this message