Temporary table use and the redo log

From: <codefragment_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
  I'm using a global (session) temporary table to break up a section of a stored procedure that is needed in
a number of places. Always for use in a select.   If the database crashes, gets rolled back, anything, I don't care about the contents of that
table. Especially -I don't want redo logs for it-. Is there any way I can accomplish this?

From what I can see so far I should look into:
- unrecoverable

  • insert /*+APPEND */ into temp_table select...
  • possibly using a table variable

Nologging is on by default for a tempory table but you still get some logging

Am I on the right track?

thanks Received on Mon Sep 07 2009 - 11:23:31 CDT

Original text of this message