Re: Data Guard / broker

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 18 Aug, 15:09, Chuck <chuckh1958_nos..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up a 10g standby database in the near future. I haven't had
> to setup standby since 8i when it was all done manually. I'm thinking
> about using Grid Control and dg broker to do it. Is there any advantage
> or disadvantage to using dg broker? I've heard (anecdotal) stories that
> manual is better and faster but wanted to get a few other opinions
> first. TIA

Chuck,

I'd agree with John here. Whenever I learn a new piece of technology I like to do it manually for the first couple of times, scripting and documenting as I go. Only when I'm happy that I fully understand the process involved might I then use the GUI for future work provided that it really does help expedite things.

HTH -g Received on Wed Aug 19 2009 - 11:00:50 CDT

Original text of this message