Re: Data Guard / broker

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 18, 10:09 am, Chuck <chuckh1958_nos..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I'm setting up a 10g standby database in the near future. I haven't had
> to setup standby since 8i when it was all done manually. I'm thinking
> about using Grid Control and dg broker to do it. Is there any advantage
> or disadvantage to using dg broker? I've heard (anecdotal) stories that
> manual is better and faster but wanted to get a few other opinions
> first. TIA

I think the best argument for doing it manually ( and documenting what was done step by step ) is that you understand exactly what was done.

When things break down ( not if they break down ) and you run into unexpected problems the people that have done it only by the GUI often have little idea of what to do and how to debug.

Just my 2 cents. Received on Wed Aug 19 2009 - 10:55:07 CDT

Original text of this message