Re: Data Guard / broker

From: Andreas Piesk <>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:05:16 -0700 (PDT)

On 18 Aug., 16:09, Chuck <> wrote:
> I'm setting up a 10g standby database in the near future. I haven't had
> to setup standby since 8i when it was all done manually. I'm thinking
> about using Grid Control and dg broker to do it. Is there any advantage
> or disadvantage to using dg broker? I've heard (anecdotal) stories that
> manual is better and faster but wanted to get a few other opinions
> first. TIA

i personally like dg broker cli and use it much. the nice thing about dg broker: you can disable it
and do what you want manually.
if you know the stuff, you can use the broker. if not, do it manually until you are familiar
with the process.

and yes, manual switchovers and failovers are faster, not much but faster.

-ap Received on Sat Aug 22 2009 - 14:05:16 CDT

Original text of this message