Re: 10gR2 - quick Time Zone question

From: Charles Hooper <>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 2, 10:34 am, Jeremy <> wrote:
> Hi
> How can I tell from within PL/SQL whether SYSDATE is in the daylight
> saving time (DST) date range?
> It is not a fixed date each year, is there a function that will tell me
> this?
> --
> jeremy

Something for you to experiment with:

If the server's date is set to Jan 01, TO_CHAR(SYSTIMESTAMP,'TZR') returns -05:00 for my time zone. You might be able to check if both values are the same, or different. I do not know if this is the official solution, but it might give you a couple search keywords which might bring you close to the answer.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Sun Aug 02 2009 - 21:34:08 CDT

Original text of this message