Re: 10gR2 - quick Time Zone question

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 16:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 2, 12:42 pm, Jeremy <jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > > How can I tell from within PL/SQL whether SYSDATE is in the daylight
> > > saving time (DST) date range?
>
> > > It is not a fixed date each year, is there a function that will tell me
> > > this?
>
> >http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11
>
> _QUESTION_ID:3297071155886
>
> Hmmm... I have read through that and the various follow-ups but didn't
> see the answer to my question - am I missing something?

Don't you really want some version of timestamp with time zone and/or local time zone?

If you have looked around asktom enough and do not see the answer to you question then stick it in near the bottom of an almost relevant question.

Tom will reply more if you have a test case trying to show the specific problem you are experiencing.

Different countries/different regions and even different states within each region may have variations so you are going to have to deal with that somehow. Received on Sun Aug 02 2009 - 18:21:35 CDT

Original text of this message