Re: Removing multiple inventories

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:05:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 24, 9:03 am, Chloe C <ch..._at_mcrowdd.plus.com> wrote:

snip

> Hi
>
> for reasons I don't fully understand, some of our oracle servers have
> wound up with two (or in one case three) set of inventory files (one
> for database, one for EM agent). This has the effect that enterpise
> manager doesn't report the full picture on servers, and applying
> patchsets becomes problematic as OUI doesn't know about one of the
> oracle homes.
>
> Is there any way of fixing these problem? Presumably the inventories
> can be merged manually as they are XML files, but this looks like
> quite a high risk operation!
>
> Chloe

You really really want to proceed very carefully here.

Multiple inventories are typically the result of installs going into different oracle homes. Merging inventories manually ... I don't think so.

You really need a knowledgeable oracle DBA here to understand the history ... what was done when and why it was done that way. Received on Fri Jul 24 2009 - 09:05:05 CDT

Original text of this message