Re: Extproc configuration question

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:36:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 14, 6:04 pm, Bruce <bsand..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> When an external stored procedure is called, the tnsnames.ora is
> referenced for an entry named EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.  Is there a way
> to name it anything else (other than adding the default domain
> extension)?  We have a customer that insists on having a consolidated
> tnsnames file for the whole company, but they are running external
> stored procedures from both 9i and 10g, so I don't have any idea if a
> single tnsnames file can be set up with two different extproc entries
> in such a way that the 9i instance will know to use one and the 10g
> instance will know to use the other.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Bruce

What platforms are you talking about?

This is pretty well documented on the oracle side ... you can control for each entry in tnsnames which directories/libraries contain your external procedures related to that instance. You can allow ANY or just specific ones ... the typical advice applies here read the manuals.

Relevant doc is in the net configuration and net services manuals plus metalink has some pretty in depth docs if you have support access.

If you have a specific thing you have tested and tried but doesn't seem to be working correctly for you ... give us some specific details please. Received on Tue Jul 14 2009 - 18:36:05 CDT

Original text of this message