Extproc configuration question

From: Bruce <bsandell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:04:28 -0700 (PDT)

When an external stored procedure is called, the tnsnames.ora is referenced for an entry named EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA. Is there a way to name it anything else (other than adding the default domain extension)? We have a customer that insists on having a consolidated tnsnames file for the whole company, but they are running external stored procedures from both 9i and 10g, so I don't have any idea if a single tnsnames file can be set up with two different extproc entries in such a way that the 9i instance will know to use one and the 10g instance will know to use the other.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce Received on Tue Jul 14 2009 - 17:04:28 CDT

Original text of this message