Re: Basic Scripts for Database Administration

From: exazonk <exazonk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 29, 11:40 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 1:36 am, exazonk <exaz..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Thanks for your input guys.
>
> > It looks like my hand full of custom scripts is probably still
> > sufficient for me.
>
> Ok so now you really have me confused.
>
> You started off this thread by asking if people had a set of scripts
> ( pretty much ) and now it turns out that you already had the set of
> stuff that you wanted?

I now only manage a few databases, with the main database being a 1Tb in size. I obviously have some scripts, as do nearly all DBAs, that help me admin those databases. I'm thinking of writing some new scripts which are similar to the examples that I gave above, but I thought that I would check first to see if something similar has already be done or that some GUI from 10 or 11g would do the job adequately. From both of your responses, it seems that there doesn't appear to be anything out there currently (although my research has not been exhaustive).

My ksh scripts work adequately, similar to the above examples, however, they could be optimised to be much better and also to run in perl so that they could be deployed in Windows environments.

So, in summary, I will probably work on my new perl script ideas as there doesn't seem to be any better options out there. Received on Mon Jun 29 2009 - 19:16:31 CDT

Original text of this message