Oracle Enterprise Linux installation problem

From: student4life <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

 I followed instructions in After clicking on "next" in step 5, I got the following error message:

"Could not allocate requested partitions: Partitioning failed: Could not allocate partitions as primary partitions.
Not enough space left to create partition for /boot."

My laptop consists of Window XP Home installed on C drive which has about 70G free, and a partitioned, empty (no OS installed) D drive which has about 20G free, and a backup "RECOVERY" E drive previously partitioned by Dell. I was hopping to get a dialog box asking for selection of the correct drive to install 'nux in during the installation process and at that point I would select drive D, but this step never came. Could someone explain what I was missing? TIA.

I think this is a great user group, by the way. As a newbie, I found myself learning quite a bit by just reading comments/inputs from the experts on here to whom I like to express my gratitude. I hope someday I will know enough to contribute the same. Received on Wed Jun 17 2009 - 16:30:01 CDT

Original text of this message