Re: Oracle Enterprise Linux installation problem

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 17, 2:30 pm, student4life <student4li..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I followed instructions inhttp://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/OracleEnterpriseLinux5Insta....
> After clicking on "next" in step 5, I got the following error message:
>
> "Could not allocate requested partitions:
> Partitioning failed: Could not allocate partitions as primary
> partitions.
> Not enough space left to create partition for /boot."
>
> My laptop consists of Window XP Home installed on C drive which has
> about 70G free, and a partitioned, empty (no OS installed) D drive
> which has about 20G free, and a backup "RECOVERY" E drive previously
> partitioned by Dell. I was hopping to get a dialog box asking for
> selection of the correct drive to install 'nux in during the
> installation process and at that point I would select drive D, but
> this step never came. Could someone explain what I was missing? TIA.
>
> I think this is a great user group, by the way. As a newbie, I found
> myself learning quite a bit by just reading comments/inputs from the
> experts on here to whom I like to express my gratitude. I hope someday
> I will know enough to contribute the same.

Welcome! I wrote a little mini-faq for newbies: http://dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

You can also contact the author of the instructions you followed, it sounds like you didn't see his step 7? I wouldn't know, I haven't tried it.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.orafaq.com/usenet/comp.databases.oracle/1992/10/14/0166.htm