Re: about setting connection to local database from EM DBControl configure program through IPC

From: riverdance <esthershensh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 13, 5:00 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:10:23 -0700 (PDT), riverdance
>

> <esthershe..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >hi,
>
> >I'm new in oralce world.
>
> >I tried to setup Oracle EM DB Control.
> >it seems I had problem to connect to local database by TCP...so I set
> >IPC in my tnsnames.ora, and I could tnsping my service name, and I
> >could sqlplus to connect to my local database by IPC.  I hope EM DB
> >control configure program could use that to connect to local database.
>
> >I try to do emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop..
>
> >but from listener.log file, it seems EM still keep on trying  to use
> >TCP to connect to local database, and I had no idea where it get
> >connection information from...
>
> >all the connection info in my tnsnames.ora is only specified IPC ..
> >not TCP..
>
> >any suggestion is very appreciated.
>
> >Thanks.
>
> Db control is fully TCP/IP based.
> Maybe your unknown problem results from running on a DHCP assigned
> address, and ignoring the admonition during installation to install a
> local loopback adapter.
> As you don't provide any details, and are calling in for crystal
> balls, more help is not possible.
>
> ---
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

HI, Thanks for your reply.
sorry did not explain my environment first.

it's a DHCP machine, but I have installed local loopback adapter, and set IP to fix IP on that adapter.

but it seems when I tried to TNSPING using tcp , it works, but using SQLPLUS , it hung..

from the listener log, I found the connection was established on some port.. but why SQLPLUS is hung..

I think that is the reason, when I tried to configure EM , got hung using TCP..

but I don't know what caused that hung thourhg SQLPLUS..

any suggestion is appreciated.. thanks. Received on Tue Jun 16 2009 - 13:08:30 CDT

Original text of this message