Re: oracle 11g web service question

From: Gonza <gsegarra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 16, 5:15 am, zigzagdna <zigzag..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking into migrating to Oracle 11g. I am currently using Oracle
> 9.2.0.8 and use utl_http to call a Web Service (developed in
> Microsoft .NET outside of Oracle). I have not developed a Web Service;
> I simply call this Web Service from a PL/SQL block using utl_http
> calls.  Will my code run without any problems?  I do not yet have an
> Oracle 11g environment just doing the planning.
>
> I am on HP UNIX 11i  PA RISC.
>
> Thanks lot.

I've been using web services in PL/SQL without problems during the last year . There are very simple demos at Oracle site that shows you how easy it is.
Two years ago we decided to devolep in Java, but it was a mistake because in PL/SQL is far more simple.
I'm using Oracle 10g on Red-Hat Received on Tue Jun 16 2009 - 12:45:00 CDT

Original text of this message