Re: Nested Materialized View Refresh

From: ddf <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 13, 12:06 pm, Murty <> wrote:
> Thanks David!
> I don't find this restriction (that nested MVs shouldn't span across
> DB Servers) in the documentation.
> Secondly,  if this is the expected behaviour,  I thought it should
> return an error when the parent MV is on a remote server.

There is no 'parent' materialized view in your example, since they aren't nested, which is why the NESTED=>TRUE does nothing in your case. Since there is no parent MV what possible error could be returned? Again, the dependency tree for true nested materialized views doesn't span servers; you have a source MV, not a parent.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Jun 13 2009 - 17:08:05 CDT

Original text of this message