Nested Materialized View Refresh

From: Veeru71 <m_adavi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a 2-level nedsted materialized views as following. When I try to refresh the MV on Server-3 with 'nested=>true' option, I thought it would first pull the changes from Server-1 to Server-2 and then from Server-2 to Server-3 but apparanetly it is not doing that way. It is not even pulling the changes from Server-2 to Server-3. If I remove 'nested=>true' option, it is just refreshing from Server-2 to Server-3.

What am I missing here ? It is Oracle 10.2.x - Thanks

SERVER1

create table test ( a number(5) primary key not null, b varchar2(30)); -- INSERT some data & commit

SERVER2

create materialized vew test_mv1 refresh complete on demand with primary key
as select a, b from test_at_SERVER1;

SERVER3

create materialized vew test_mv2 refresh fast on demand with primary key
as select a, b from test_at_SERVER2;

begin
dbms_mview.refresh('test_mv2', 'C', nested=>TRUE); end;