Re: about setting connection to local database from EM DBControl configure program through IPC

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 23:00:05 +0200

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:10:23 -0700 (PDT), riverdance <esthershensh_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>I'm new in oralce world.
>
>I tried to setup Oracle EM DB Control.
>it seems I had problem to connect to local database by TCP...so I set
>IPC in my tnsnames.ora, and I could tnsping my service name, and I
>could sqlplus to connect to my local database by IPC. I hope EM DB
>control configure program could use that to connect to local database.
>
>I try to do emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop..
>
>but from listener.log file, it seems EM still keep on trying to use
>TCP to connect to local database, and I had no idea where it get
>connection information from...
>
>all the connection info in my tnsnames.ora is only specified IPC ..
>not TCP..
>
>any suggestion is very appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

Db control is fully TCP/IP based.
Maybe your unknown problem results from running on a DHCP assigned address, and ignoring the admonition during installation to install a local loopback adapter.
As you don't provide any details, and are calling in for crystal balls, more help is not possible.

---
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jun 13 2009 - 16:00:05 CDT

Original text of this message