Re: about setting connection to local database from EM DBControl configure program through IPC

From: <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 23:00:05 +0200

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:10:23 -0700 (PDT), riverdance <> wrote:

>I'm new in oralce world.
>I tried to setup Oracle EM DB Control.
>it seems I had problem to connect to local database by I set
>IPC in my tnsnames.ora, and I could tnsping my service name, and I
>could sqlplus to connect to my local database by IPC. I hope EM DB
>control configure program could use that to connect to local database.
>I try to do emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop..
>but from listener.log file, it seems EM still keep on trying to use
>TCP to connect to local database, and I had no idea where it get
>connection information from...
>all the connection info in my tnsnames.ora is only specified IPC ..
>not TCP..
>any suggestion is very appreciated.

Db control is fully TCP/IP based.
Maybe your unknown problem results from running on a DHCP assigned address, and ignoring the admonition during installation to install a local loopback adapter.
As you don't provide any details, and are calling in for crystal balls, more help is not possible.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jun 13 2009 - 16:00:05 CDT

Original text of this message