Embed a string in a string

From: <martinamullin_at_yahoo.ie>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 04:02:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a stored procedure that builds a query string as it goes through its code. So I pass in a where statement as a long string with a few criteria in it. Then I build some temporary tables and build other parts of the where statement as I go along.

At one point I need to build a few AND statements but one of them contains a comparison of a string. Can someone tell me please how I embed a string within a string in sql. A small piece of very simplified code is below. The word MEZZ should be in quotation marks. Can anyone tell me how I can get it into quotation marks? The error I’m getting at the moment is “Invalid column name 'MEZZ'”.

declare _at_WarehouseSQL nvarchar(100)

select _at_WarehouseSQL = ' select distinct rqpropno from vi_MAItems where val_lvl <> MEZZ '

exec(_at_WarehouseSQL)

All help welcome

LL Received on Mon Jun 08 2009 - 06:02:13 CDT

Original text of this message