ORA-1691, yet a few bytes are written in the LOB of the table

From: Sébastien de Mapias <sglrigaud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 03:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

For a little more than 24 hours we've been having
- "ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment XX by 64 intablespace
-

<lob tbsp>..."
in our alert log file (tablespace autoextend clause has been modified now), but we noticed that in this table the insert statements that took place after the error started appearing worked and even that data was partly created in its only LOB column: it succeeded for a few bytes only (we store PDF files: we can open them and see the first few lines of every document made since yesterday)...

We are in 10g R2, and the table is defined with a LOB column that has its own tablespace (where we had this problem).

How come Oracle wrote a few bytes each time and then failed with "ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment ..." and commited the record insert ??

Thanks.
Seb Received on Mon Jun 08 2009 - 05:28:12 CDT

Original text of this message