Oracle configuration related weird behaviour?

From: <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 00:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

I want to replicate some schemas from a Oracle to a The export/import process was OK and now I've objects replicated and data loaded.

A function is not working properly, and an example of what's the problem can be reproduced with this example:

    cursor cPrueba is
    select 'apruebas' as nom from dual
    select trim('This is a very very long text' || ' ' || 'This is another very very long text' ) as nom from dual

    order by nom;
    for elemento in cPrueba
    dbms_output.put_line('this is ' || elemento.nom);     end loop;

I've been trying with this query, and when I added the first select, it generates a ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error string.

If I do a substr in the second select to truncate that text to be as long as the first one 'apruebas' plus one, 8+1, then it works ok. The rule applies if I change the first string, just substr the next ones to be the first length + 1.

It seems the first row determines the length of that 'column'.

I haven't this problem in the first database, so this is the reason why I think the diference may be related to server configuration.

Is there any configuration parameter determining this behaviour?

Thank you in advance. Received on Thu Jun 04 2009 - 02:55:40 CDT

Original text of this message