Re: Archive logs removal question

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:49:08 -0700 (PDT)

On May 19, 12:18 pm, Richard <RSL..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> This is a development db. I can recreate it. Is it safe to remove .arc
> up to the last active sequence ?

The oracle database instance uses the online logs while it is up and running. If you take out in some manner in online log system while database instances are running ... bad things will happen.

You only need the archived logs if you need to recover a database. A RAC database will have ( should have ) archived logs from all instances.

But I am really not understanding ... if your organization has a development database that is RAC and you are responsible for supporting it ... why you would ask questions like this on an internet newsgroup instead of getting support within your organization. Received on Tue May 19 2009 - 14:49:08 CDT

Original text of this message