What is the best way to replicate few tables between 2 Oracle 10g severs ?

From: Veeru71 <m_adavi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

We need to replicate (1-way) a bunch of tables from Server-A to Server-B in close to real-time.
Server-B is located in a foreign country.

Apporx. # of tables to be replicated : 50 (size : 50 GB) Approx amount of data that gets replicated (changed data) per day : 100 MB
Oarcle Versions : 10g, Solaris

Constraints (due to some security reasons):
- Server-B SHOULD NOT have any DB-Links to connect to Server-A

  • No UserId/Password of Server-A should be used anywhere in scripts/ code/config files, etc on Server-B.

What is the best way to achieve this ? Initially we thought of using Matreialized Views, but because of the above constraint, it may not be feasible.

Do you think Oracle Streams would work ? Would it be an over-kill ? Any other options ?

Thanks for your help. Received on Thu Apr 16 2009 - 01:50:35 CDT

Original text of this message