Re: What is the best way to replicate few tables between 2 Oracle 10g severs ?

From: Murty <m_adavi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for you all your responses....Here are some more details.
  1. Near real-time <--> 2 minutes
  2. Server A can have DB Link to Server B (But the other way is prohibited)
  3. We do need access to Server-B while Server-A is up, but Server-B will be accessed by applications only for read-only purpose (only SELECTs). No direct data changes (Insert/Update/Delete) will happen on Server-B.

We are not keen about triggers based solution becasue we can't afford transactions on Server-A take a hit if there is any issue with ServerB  or the network, etc. In such cases, the changes should some how get queued and applied on Server-B once the issue is rectified.

Thanks
Veeru Received on Mon Apr 20 2009 - 01:34:33 CDT

Original text of this message