Re: Is Oracle faster/easier than mySQL

From: jgar the jorrible <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:02:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 10, 3:04 pm, Thomas Kellerer <YQDHXVLMU..._at_spammotel.com> wrote:
> jgar the jorrible, 10.03.2009 21:06:
>
> > I had a particular postgres site in mind when I mentioned how
> > expensive free db's can be.
>
> Would you mind sharing that information?
>
> Or at least some "raw data" like transaction rate, number of concurrent sessions, size (in rows) of the tables etc? And maybe what exactly the problems were you are referring to? I would be very much interested.
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

Sorry, no can do. Would if I could. The overall expense seemed out of whack, if I'm going to walk into problems, I need to see a way out. I don't mean to say anything bad about postgres, just pointing out redeveloping wheels can be a very large and unnecessary expense.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotsec07/tech/full_papers/florencio/florencio.pdf