What tools do you use for healthchecking?

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:47:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

For the earlymorning check, I am working with self made scripts here that run overnight and check for things like space in the database, security, backup ran ok, duplicates to testenvironments, errorlogchecking etc.

These scripts are a bit... wel... 20th century.. I am looking for tools that can check. For example, i am now looking at the healthcheck of TOAD, but that frog is more into developing (e.g. checking for unindexed foreign keys) than administration. Apart from Oracle, I am also looking for UNIX solutions.

What do you use for this?

regards,
HV Received on Tue Feb 17 2009 - 04:47:28 CST

Original text of this message