Re: Will Oracle ever follow its own advice?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:28:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:32:08 -0800, Mark D Powell wrote:

> Version 11g introduced Secure Files (new internal code to handle LOBS)
> and now calls traditional LOB data types Basic Files. Secure Files are
> supposed to be more space efficient and faster than Basic Files. Perhaps
> this will speed the migration of the base tables to using LOB data
> types.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

There is a beautiful presentation about LOB internals on Julian Dyke's site. You can take a look here:
http://www.juliandyke.com/Presentations/Presentations.html#LOBInternals

Fortunately, it doesn't really matter. According to an article that was yesterday on the /., relational databases are doomed: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/is_the_relational_database_doomed.php So, LOB columns, schmlob columns, we all better start learning FrontPage, C# and .Not.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com