Re: Why can't an RMAN job be edited in 10G dbcontrol?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:15:15 +1100

GS wrote,on my timestamp of 5/02/2009 8:38 AM:

> I was so caught up trying to do it via the GUI I forgot the obvious. I
> checked in RMAN prompt and my retention policy was the 3 days. I don't
> know why it isnt deleting them though, I'll change it to two days and
> see if it works tonight.

Sometimes rman gets its knickers in a twist and doesn't know when to start deleting. Try:

report obsolete;
delete noprompt obsolete;

as two manual commands in rman,
then see if it starts behaving.
You may have to try a

crosscheck backup;

first?

> btw, my opinion on dbcontrol is the same, I still think it stinks..

Guys don't scare me, please: got to get it going soon and this is *not* what I want to hear... Received on Thu Feb 05 2009 - 05:15:15 CST

Original text of this message