New to Oracle and have Backup Question..

From: newsqlman <ndittoo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:39:55 -0800 (PST)

I'm new to Oracle and have a question for someone that I started trying to help out. They are using Oracle for a DB server and currently don't backup anything nightly or weekly. I'm sure there is a way to set Oracle up to Backup nightly to a file on the hard drive somewhere so that the backup software can back those database files up to tape. I would prefer not loading a backup agent like Symantec Veritas has because of the expense and usually running the DB backup utility and maintenance procedures tend to work quite well in a small environment. I currently have several SQL setups doing that without any DB Backup agent and am hoping to help him with the same type setup.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Received on Tue Feb 03 2009 - 16:39:55 CST

Original text of this message