Re: an honest post about being an oracle ace

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:37:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:46:45 +1100, Noons wrote:

> But the Ace thing in general? Gosh, I've only said it a million times
> now: all the nonsense that goes on at Oracle about certifications and
> titles isn't worth the weight of it in crap.

There is a financial crisis going on, many of the banks that were Oracle's most valued clients are no longer in business and the surviving ones are on the dole, which means that they will not be buying new RAC licenses anytime soon. There is an eternal marketing tool to extract some money even from the poorest of clients: snobbism. Becoming an Oracle Ace is probably second only to being knighted by her rojal majesty, queen of England. It is also much cheaper then getting yourself knighted. There is also a title "Oracle Master" but it isn't at all clear who's better, a Master or an Ace. To resolve all doubts, I suggest introducing the title of an Oracle Ninja, the best one of them all. When that wears out, as it inevitably will, there are unused titles of an Oracle Spiderman, Oracle Hulk, Oracle Wolverine or Oracle Leeroy Jenkins. Oracle Ninja would wear a blue ninja costume with a big red "O" on his chest, to make him inconspicuous and un-noticeable to the end users. Boy, I can't wait for the Halloween!

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com