Re: an honest post about being an oracle ace

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:02:09 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 2/02/2009 9:37 PM:

> There is a financial crisis going on, many of the banks that were Oracle's
> most valued clients are no longer in business and the surviving ones are
> on the dole, which means that they will not be buying new RAC licenses
> anytime soon.

Don't let that stop "experts" from trying to sell us RAC across the Pacific, for   our Aus and US centres. I'm quite sure that's gonna work real swell for the DW, particularly with ours being AIX, theirs HPUX, a link between the two of 48Mbps and a daily change rate of 500GB on the common tables. Of course: they wonder why I call them "incompetent, raving lunatics" at every meeting...

 > There is an eternal marketing tool to extract some money
> even from the poorest of clients: snobbism. Becoming an Oracle Ace is
> probably second only to being knighted by her rojal majesty, queen of
> England. It is also much cheaper then getting yourself knighted. There is
> also a title "Oracle Master" but it isn't at all clear who's better, a
> Master or an Ace. To resolve all doubts, I suggest introducing the title
> of an Oracle Ninja, the best one of them all. When that wears out, as it
> inevitably will, there are unused titles of an Oracle Spiderman, Oracle
> Hulk, Oracle Wolverine or Oracle Leeroy Jenkins.
> Oracle Ninja would wear a blue ninja costume with a big red "O" on his
> chest, to make him inconspicuous and un-noticeable to the end users. Boy,
> I can't wait for the Halloween!

ROFL!
I gotta give it to you, Mladen: you crack me up, buddy! Miss your humour at oracle-l , it's all entirely too "serious" there. They'll all be Hulks soon, particularly the ones asking "what's dual?". Received on Mon Feb 02 2009 - 05:02:09 CST

Original text of this message