Hundreds of perl-processes in Linux, Oracle 10.2.0.1

From: Maija-Leena <kangasmaki_at_netti.fi>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:18:52 GMT

Hi,
we have multiple Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 databases in different Linux servers (different Linux versions) and all of them face the same problem every now and then. The database server gets very slow and with top-command I see hundreds of processes with user=oracle and command=perl and load average is for example 219 ! Any idea what these processes are ? If I kill them, they soon appear again. The only way to get rid of them is to shutdown the database. Maybe this problem disappears with the latest patches ?

Regards,

Maija-Leena Received on Wed Jan 21 2009 - 07:18:52 CST

Original text of this message