Re: Hundreds of perl-processes in Linux, Oracle

From: <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:49:22 +0100

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:01:48 +0000 (UTC), Mladen Gogala <> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:29:18 -0800, sybrandb wrote:
>> The problem disappears with any of the following alternatives 1 get more
>> processing power
>> 2 stop using the database control and start monitoring your database
>> using homegrown scripts.
>> 3 Dump Oracle in favor (cross all that apply) SQL server|My SQL| Postgre
>> SQL|punch cards.
>None of the above. It was a bug, fixed in Get or
> and the problem will go away. It is described in the ML note

Availability is going to be a problem. Oracle's support for Windows Itanium 64 leaves much to be desired, and many one-offs and patchsets are not even available for Windows Itanium. is no exception in this regard, and in the meantime Oracle refused to fix a Management Agent bug which makes Grid Control unusable. It will be fixed in 11g GC. Needless to say 11g GC is not available.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA