Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:47:40 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 8, 2:12 pm, BicycleRepairman <> wrote:

> I made the entirely reasonable extrapolation that someone who was
> unfamiliar with Oracle would choose to either (a) let the universal
> installer perform the db configuration, (b) use DBCA to install a
> general purpose database, or (c) if he wanted to study otext, and was
> brave enough to choose a custom database, he would not deselect the
> 'Oracle Text' option from the DBCA screen.
> So while I agree that "We don't all use the pre-cooked databases, or
> use DBCA and accept everything", I'll bet you OP did.

Given that the OP accepted the advice of Steve/Palooka to try to reinstall  something that he already had installed ... looks like your guess was correct.

I go back to my original response in this thread ... ( something like try creating a text index if you know how I think it was ). Received on Mon Dec 08 2008 - 19:47:40 CST

Original text of this message