Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: BicycleRepairman <engel.kevin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:12:42 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 7, 5:19 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:

> >> Completely incorrect. As Steve Howard mentions, catctx.sql installs it.
> >> Incidentally, catnoctx.sql removes it.
>
> >> Palooka
>
> > You gotta do something unusual not to have text already installed and
> > working in a 10.2 environment.
>
> > Gotta say Bicycle is "a little closer" than you are here.
>
> > Judging by futher responses from OP now he is trying to re-install it
> > when it was already in there ... nice work!
>
> Sorry, but I disagree with your first two paragraphs. We don't all use
> the pre-cooked databases, or use DBCA and accept everything.
>
> Agree the third paragraph though.
>
> Palooka

I made the entirely reasonable extrapolation that someone who was unfamiliar with Oracle would choose to either (a) let the universal installer perform the db configuration, (b) use DBCA to install a general purpose database, or (c) if he wanted to study otext, and was brave enough to choose a custom database, he would not deselect the 'Oracle Text' option from the DBCA screen. So while I agree that "We don't all use the pre-cooked databases, or use DBCA and accept everything", I'll bet you OP did. Received on Mon Dec 08 2008 - 13:12:42 CST

Original text of this message