Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: stc <>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:26:44 +0100

"hpuxrac" <> wrote in message

>I go back to my original response in this thread ... ( something like
>try creating a text index if you know how I think it was ).

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I did create the index (no errors reported) and executed query with CONTAINS clause but instead of reducing 8-second query (when using LIKE clauses) the time necessary for the execution went up to approx. 180 seconds?! And the results are ok, no errors reported, but despite being Oracle-newbie, I'm pretty sure indexes should increase the speed. Received on Tue Dec 09 2008 - 01:26:44 CST

Original text of this message