Re: dual network adapters on ora 7.3

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:53:56 -0600

Mike Bules wrote:
> Happy Holidays to all !!
>
> Could this forum please make some suggestions on how to best utilize dual
> network adapters on a server running Ora 7.3 . OS is Windows 2000 Adv.
> Server.
>
> We need more performance/bandwidth, what are our choices, dual listeners,
> dual instances, split users between a static instance and live instance ??
> etc.
>
> Please help
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Mike

Oracle 7.3 on Windows 2000? You're lucky it even starts... Hopefully it is not running anything useful...

If you have a test box, I do not have docs that old and do not remember if it would work or not, but you can try adding 2 NICS and configuring your listener.ora to add the second listener. Received on Tue Dec 02 2008 - 15:53:56 CST

Original text of this message