Re: dual network adapters on ora 7.3

From: <>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 23:29:59 +0100

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:21:50 -0800, "Mike Bules" <> wrote:

>Happy Holidays to all !!
>Could this forum please make some suggestions on how to best utilize dual
>network adapters on a server running Ora 7.3 . OS is Windows 2000 Adv.
>We need more performance/bandwidth, what are our choices, dual listeners,
>dual instances, split users between a static instance and live instance ??

1 Upgrade to something supported. Oracle 7.3 and Win2k are both unsupported.
2 Redesign the application. In 80 percent of all performance cases the problems are caused by the application.

All the other suggestions won't help a damn, as they end up on the same database, and RAC is a 9i thingy.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA