Re: Does Oracle have anything like SAP Business Intelligence Accelerator?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:17:31 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Just like the numbers indicating there are more Oracle databases on this
>> planet than there are DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, and Informix databases
>> combined? Been that way for more than six months too.

> Even if that were true (and I suspect there are a lot more SQL Server
> installs out there than you may thing... don't confuse #installs with
> $$.. majority does not imply "almost all".
> Or are you telling me almost all americans voted for Obama?

I don't play games with numbers. You've got 'em so post 'em. Sure there is SAP on DB2 and SQL Server but they are a small fraction of the installed base.

>> Sorry Serge but the war is over and you were not on the winning team.
>> Even your own hardware and consulting divisions agree.

> Hmmm.. You used to try to wind me up with TPC-C numbers.. Seems like the
> hardware division disacgrees now.
> You used to do it with Websp-here. Websphere has found religion (buying
> BEA certainly helped).
> The war has just begun.
>
> Cheers
> Serge

The war is over. There were three battles:

Databases:    1 = Oracle, 2 = Microsoft
App Servers:  1 = Oracle, 2 = IBM
Applications: 1 = SAP,    2 = Oracle

Do you see a trend here?

Microsoft has one piece out of three, IBM one out of three, SAP one out of three. You've been surrounded.

And we've still not seen the result of SAP's admitted theft of Oracle's intellectual property.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor