Re: Does Oracle have anything like SAP Business Intelligence Accelerator?

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:12:20 -0500

DA Morgan wrote:
> Just like the numbers indicating there are more Oracle databases on this
> planet than there are DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, and Informix databases
> combined? Been that way for more than six months too.
Even if that were true (and I suspect there are a lot more SQL Server installs out there than you may thing... don't confuse #installs with $$.. majority does not imply "almost all". Or are you telling me almost all americans voted for Obama?

> Sorry Serge but the war is over and you were not on the winning team.
> Even your own hardware and consulting divisions agree.
Hmmm.. You used to try to wind me up with TPC-C numbers.. Seems like the hardware division disacgrees now.
You used to do it with Websp-here. Websphere has found religion (buying BEA certainly helped).
The war has just begun.

Cheers
Serge

--