Multi Partition Types

From: atif <atif.aqeel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 04:22:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I want to partition my Orders table which is usually queried on three columns
I am using Oracle 9i and the shortened table is

Order (Date, RegionID, ProductCategory)

Can i apply Range partitioning on all three columns? if yes then how data will be distributed?
Can i apply Range on Date and List on RegionID and ProductCtegory? If i apply Hash on Date would Oracle search all partitions for a Date range?

Finally i want to apply partitioning on all three columns, what kind of partitioning would benefit me?

Thanks Received on Tue Nov 04 2008 - 06:22:55 CST

Original text of this message