Re: ORA-12899: value too large for column with Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4

From: Arne Ortlinghaus <Arne.Ortlinghaus_at_acs.it>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:10:56 +0200

Hi all,

thank you for your comments.

It is already an answer that nobody knows about a similar problem.

At the moment it is difficult to insert some monitoring because the errors happened to rarely compared to the throughput but I will think about it. Reproducing with other tools is problematic.

BTW: I am living in the North of Italy, in South Tyrol, where there are three official languages, mainly Italian and German. Our company is mixed German/Italian and produces administration software, for example ERP systems designed for the multi lingual market in South Tyrol together with the financial situation in Italy. I am originally from Germany.

The strange variable ADCABRRZDATUMSTORNIERUNG which seems to be nonsense is an abbreviation for:
"AuftraegeDurchlaeufeChecksAbrechnungRechenzentrumDatumStornierung" which would be in English something like "Date cancellation for the calculation of the data center of the checks in the orders and cycles " :-).

Arne Ortlinghaus