Re: Searching Text in words

From: <>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 8, 8:50 am, yossarian <> wrote:
> wrote:
> > I was looking at Oracle Text, but I think that is a bit much and
> > complex for this application.  I can parse each name on spaces and
> > such and try it that way, but I was wondering if Oracle had a better
> > way of doing it.
> > We are on 10g R2.
> Did you check out if REGEXP_LIKE is suitable for your needs?
> Kind regards,
> Y.

REGEXP_LIKE does not seem to have anything that would search at the beginning of every word, including the first word.

I was looking at owa_pattern.match, that does the job, but unfortunately it does not fit the scope of what we need. We need to run this expression to get the data, then open up a cursor and have the PHP application select from the recordset.

That means I need to run a SELECT of some sorts, and while owa_pattern.match does the job, I do not think I can use it in a select statement. Though I am still looking....... Received on Wed Oct 08 2008 - 11:13:14 CDT

Original text of this message