ORA-12899: value too large for column with Oracle Patch

From: Arne Ortlinghaus <Arne.Ortlinghaus_at_acs.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:34:37 +0200

After having upgraded from to in our programs on different sites we have sporadic errors of the following type: ORA-12899: value too large for column
In all cases the code for filling the fields is in Update triggers, the field lengths are correct. In this case in the update trigger there is the row
:NEW.adcabrrzdatumstornierung := SYSDATE; and adcabrrzdatumstornierung is a date field. The error is rarely but be had it in different parts of the program. It has happened also to a char(14) field.

Before upgrading we had not this type of error. Does anybody has a similar problem?

Arne Ortlinghaus
ACS Data Systems Received on Mon Oct 06 2008 - 08:34:37 CDT

Original text of this message