ORA-12899: value too large for column with Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4

From: Arne Ortlinghaus <Arne.Ortlinghaus_at_acs.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:34:37 +0200

After having upgraded from 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4 in our programs on different sites we have sporadic errors of the following type: ORA-12899: value too large for column
"ISC"."AUFTRAEGEDURCHLAEUFECHECKS"."ADCABRRZDATUMSTORNIERUNG" (actual: 13, maximum: 7)
In all cases the code for filling the fields is in Update triggers, the field lengths are correct. In this case in the update trigger there is the row
:NEW.adcabrrzdatumstornierung := SYSDATE; and adcabrrzdatumstornierung is a date field. The error is rarely but be had it in different parts of the program. It has happened also to a char(14) field.

Before upgrading we had not this type of error. Does anybody has a similar problem?

Arne Ortlinghaus
ACS Data Systems Received on Mon Oct 06 2008 - 08:34:37 CDT

Original text of this message