Re: ORA-12899: value too large for column with Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4

From: Aya the Vampire Slayer <ryoko_at_gatech.rmv.this.part.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:30:25 +0000 (UTC)

Joey.Dantoni_at_gmail.com <Joey.Dantoni_at_gmail.com> wa:
>I tried to recreate your issue on 10.2.0.4 HP-Itanium. The only place
>I got the error, it was legitimate. Is there any chance your input
>data has changed?

<snip>

Perhaps this is a character set problem. The OP had a .it email, but the text in the OP looked German (??). Either way, probably requires a multibyte characterset to represent and maybe that got hosed in the upgrade somehow?

--
"Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators

"Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator