Re: ORA-12899: value too large for column with Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4

From: Arne Ortlinghaus <Arne.Ortlinghaus_at_acs.it>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:33:05 +0200

Thanks to your comments.

Yes, normally I know this message only from illegitimate inserts. But now I had this type of error at least two different program/places at two different sites for perhaps 20 times in total. In this time the corresponding SQL statements have been executed several 10000 of times without errors. When executing the statement afterwards again everything is ok.

Before updating to 10.2.0.4 I have never seen this error at these two different places.

It is difficult to generate a Service request with these informations because I have not the the statement which is really executed.

Arne Ortlinghaus
ACS Data Systems Received on Tue Oct 07 2008 - 11:33:05 CDT

Original text of this message